Sandia National Laboratories Quality Assurance Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Mission Assurance area of the department is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Technologist to be a member of the Conduct of Operations (ConOps) team. You will perform a broad spectrum of tasks associated with verification by witnessing and documentation of design and development, assembly, test, and fielding of aerospace products developed in the Center. You will also be a highly contributing member to a diverse team of staff members. The Mission Assurance group strives for continuous improvement through training and mentoring, while developing the Mission Assurance process into a model of excellence. Travel is often required, possibly for extended periods.
On any given day, you may be asked to perform the following:
- Providing multidisciplinary technical support and competencies appropriate to the position.
- Supporting various aspects of projects throughout the lifecycle of the project, from developmental through testing and production.
- Collecting, maintaining, organizing, and presenting technical data.
- Working from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to support testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Supply photo verification of product development throughout project life cycles.
- Utilize and work directly in support of configuration management throughout the life cycle of the product and project.
- Assist Project Leads in managing risks throughout the product and project life cycles.
- Assist Systems Engineer in Verification process for systems throughout their life cycle.
- Perform in Quality Assurance role for non-hazardous and hazardous operations including working in the vicinity of explosives.
- Identify and document non-conformities.
In addition to the listed tasks, you may be requested to perform other tasks as needed but they would be within the scope of the listed tasks. You will be expected to value the members of the team and effectively assist them by developing and implementing the vision and goals for the team, setting high expectations, providing assistance in removing roadblocks to progress, while maintaining a safe, secure, and productive work environment.
- Associates degree or equivalent related experience.
- Experience with quality processes.
- Knowledgeable in quality control, mechanical and electrical fabrication, work-in-process and final assembly inspection and test, and production configuration management and control.
- Experience in handling and storing classified documents.
- Current and active U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Q-clearance or equivalent.
- Experience and familiarity with aerospace systems.
- Experience and familiarity with EIMS/FileNet and electronic databases.
- A good working knowledge of Environmental, Safety, and Health policy and programs.
- A good working knowledge of Security policy and programs. General knowledge of lean six sigma practices.
- Good familiarity with MicroSoft SharePoint.
- Experience working in a Work for Others environment.
- Experience working with Center, Division and Corporate quality-type personnel.
- Experience with non-conformance processes.
- Basic photography skills.
- Familiarity with explosives operations.
- The ability to integrate and organize data into various media.
- The ability to prioritize, delegate, and successfully respond to simultaneous and competing requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as effective teaming skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
The Center 5400 Integrated Technical Systems Department, 5403, has two components. Department 5403 employs a wide variety of technical staff and technologists that provide technical expertise in the strategic and tactical areas of Mission Assurance, which includes Project Management, Systems Engineering, and Quality Management. The group also includes ES&H, including Work Planning and Control; corporate compliance; and laboratory integration; and Safeguards and Security. 5403-2, the Technical Program Support Team operates a laboratory complex that provides hardware definition, assembly, ground test, instrumentation, and characterization. Department 5403 personnel support programs in the Integrated Military Systems Center.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT