Sandia National Laboratories Project Manager (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) is hosting this job requisition for Project Manager positions at Sandia National Laboratories. The MSTAT is active in identifying candidates with relevant experience in an effort to meet our staffing needs and objectives for either current or near-term positions.
Selected applicants will be interviewed by a MSTAT subcommittee of professionals from across the Laboratory. Subsequently, the successful applicants will be provided to organization managers for placement.
The Project Manager role will be responsible for coordinating with technical and business teams to oversee the integration of cost, schedule, and scope for a variety of highly technical R&D projects. The Project Manager will exercise authority and accountability for the full range of project management responsibilities and serve as the lead for technical team members, project controllers, business management professionals and financial support as appropriate.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work closely with Project Controllers in leading the development of, and subsequent management of, a resource-loaded schedule that accurately reflects scope, major milestones, deliverables, and project costs.
- Work strategically and proactively to Identify issues that are affecting the team, coordinate with the relevant staff to identify a solution, and implement the solution.
- Provide leadership to the Control Account Manager (CAM) on all EVMS topics to include serving as an interface to technical leads and project controllers.
- Avails leadership to the respective Project Controllers in formulating variance analysis provides issue identification, trend analysis and resolution strategy.
- Provide leadership in working closely with the technical leads and the engineering staff to analyze scope and plan the appropriate work, schedule, and budget in an EV environment.
- Work closely with the CAM and the mission team, tracks progress toward technical milestones, identify corrective actions, then avails leadership to the technical lead to implement and track those actions.
- Identify, understand, and manage necessary changes that may impact the area of responsibility through a rigorous change control process.
- Working closely with the CAM and the Risk Engineer, identify emergent risks and prioritize, quantify, and implement mitigation plans.
- Provide leadership in the utilization of a suite of EV tools to monitor execution to defined scope, and associate schedule deliverables within the negotiated cost envelope.
- Collaborate with the 10628 Team and the corporate PMO to Identify potential improvements to program performance.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Business or STEM and 6 years demonstrated experience in Project Management; or Master's degree in Business or STEM and 2 years demonstrated experience in Project Management.
- Experience with Earned Value Management principles and methodology.
- Experience with scheduling tools such as P6 or MS Project, cost estimating tool, and report development using Pivot Tables.
- Ability to obtain a required DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Current PMP certification.
- Knowledge of the NW complex and product realization process.
- Experience conducting risk analysis and management.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Active DOE Q or L level security clearance or Active DoD TS security clearance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT