Sandia National Laboratories Project Manager (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you looking for challenging and impactful work that contributes to security, peace and freedom worldwide?
If so, Sandia National Laboratories, the nation’s premier science and engineering lab, is currently looking to hire a Project Manager that thrives working in a collaborative environment and is passionate about enabling business success through ensuring successful project implementation!
You will make an impact by building positive relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams to coordinate the integration of cost, schedule and scope for a variety of highly technical research and development projects. You will help ensure Sandia’s commitment to outstanding service in the national interest by being a trusted advisor for technical team members, project controllers, business management professionals and financial support. You will be responsible for exercising authority and accountability for the full range of project management responsibilities.
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
- Execute processes for ensuring project budget constraints use cost estimation, budget determination, budget tracking, and cost control. Addresses budget concerns with management and customers.
- Apply Earned Value Management (EVM) or other standards and techniques to optimally lead cost, schedule, and performance. Ensures compliance with EVM or other requirements.
- Lead changes in project scope, schedule, and budget using the appropriate change control system. Ensures the change requests are complete and meet process requirements.
- Lead all aspects of the work of project controls, general business, and other project team members.
- Work with technical leads and Project Controllers to review and accept variance reporting and develop corrective actions.
- Utilize requirements analysis to ensure all required work is identified and appropriately handled.
- Develop or lead development of project plans, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), schedules, and milestones appropriate to the scale of the project.
- Partner with team to develop and define project timeline including task definition, sequencing, duration estimation, and resource loading for schedule development, and implements controls to ensure that the project is completed on schedule.
- Understand the technical tasks sufficiently to identify schedule risks, time requirements, and task dependencies.
- Ensure quality tasks are accurately planned and executed.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Business or STEM and 6 years demonstrated experience in Project Management; or Master's degree in Business or STEM and 2 years demonstrated experience in Project Management.
- Experience with Earned Value Management principles and methodology.
- Experience with scheduling tools such as P6 or MS Project, cost estimating tool, and report development using Pivot Tables.
- Ability to obtain a required DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Current PMP certification.
- Knowledge of the NW complex and product realization process.
- Experience conducting risk analysis and management.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Active DOE Q or L level security clearance or Active DoD TS security clearance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT