Sandia National Laboratories Project Controller/Scheduler (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you looking for challenging and impactful work that contributes to security, peace and freedom worldwide?
If so, Sandia National Laboratories, the nation’s premier science and engineering lab, is currently looking to hire a Project Controller/Scheduler that thrives working in a collaborative environment and is passionate about enabling business success through ensuring successful project implementation.
You will make an impact by providing detailed analysis and reporting using an established system of controls on complex, high rigor, research and development projects for the Department of Energy and other customers. This role assumes primary responsibility for analysis, developing, and reporting associated with various project controls job duties, such as project baseline, work package agreements, cost control, cost estimation, earned value management (EVM), projections, variance analysis, schedules, project/program/portfolio integration or technical project reviews.
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting of project status using project management tools such as Primavera P6 or MS Project.
- Work with the project technical leads to execute project management activities including project plan development, project monitoring and control, and integrated change control.
- Team with technical staff, project leads and managers to make recommendations to influence key decision makers within the scope of project controls (work breakdown structure, schedule, and budget/cost).
- Research, assemble, and evaluate project information or data and recommend sound, practical solutions to project related issues.
- Facilitate internal team communications and meetings.
- Update the schedule status as required, produces reports, and tracks variances and recommends corrective action.
- Analyze, prepare, validate, and maintain cost estimates, detailed baseline budgets, work package agreements, and monthly cost variance reports.
- Help administer change control to schedule and budgets, ensuring that all changes are documented via the appropriate change control process.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Business or STEM and 6 years demonstrated experience in Project Management; or Master's degree in Business or STEM and 2 years demonstrated experience in Project Management or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Earned Value Management principles and methodology.
- Experience with scheduling in Primavera P6
- Ability to obtain a required DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Knowledge of project management principles, including standard guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience in project administration and controls activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, and perform under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Working knowledge of financial tools and systems to perform financial analysis and monitor costs and budgets.
- Experience with project management tools, such as Primavera and Microsoft Project.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.