Sandia National Laboratories Project Controller, Mission Services (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Sandia Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) is hosting this job requisition for Project Controls positions at the Lab. This team is active in identifying candidates with relevant academic and work experience in an effort to meet our staffing needs and objectives for either current or near-term positions.
Selected applicants will be interviewed by a subcommittee of managers. Subsequently, successful applicants will be provided to managers for placement in positions across the Laboratory.
Candidates are expected to team with others to support Sandia's mission by adding value, improving operations, offering innovative solutions and appropriately managing risk for the corporation.
Please submit the following with your completed application:
- Updated resume
- A letter of introduction addressing career goals and areas of primary technical interest/focus
The Project Controller provides detailed analysis and reporting using an established system of controls on complex, high rigor, R&D projects for the Department of Energy and other customers. This role assumes primary responsibility for analysis, developing, and reporting associated with various project controls job duties, such as project baseline, work package agreements, cost control, cost estimation, earned value management (EVM), projections, variance analysis, schedules, project/program/portfolio integration or technical project reviews.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting of project status using project management tools such as Primavera P6 or MS Project.
- Work with the project technical leads to execute project management activities including project plan development, project monitoring and control, and integrated change control.
- Team with technical staff, project leads and managers to make recommendations to influence key decision makers within the scope of project controls (work breakdown structure, schedule, and budget/cost).
- Research, assemble, and evaluate project information or data and recommend sound, practical solutions to project related issues.
- Facilitate internal team communications and meetings.
- Update the schedule status as required, produces reports, and tracks variances and recommends corrective action.
- Analyze, prepare, validate, and maintain cost estimates, detailed baseline budgets, work package agreements, and monthly cost variance reports.
- Help administer change control to schedule and budgets, ensuring that all changes are documented via the appropriate change control process.
Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or
- experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Knowledge of project management principles, including standard guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience in project administration and controls activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, and perform under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Working knowledge of financial tools and systems to perform financial analysis and monitor costs and budgets.
- Experience with project management tools, such as Primavera and Microsoft Project.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.