Sandia National Laboratories Production Planning Control Specialist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
We are seeking a motivated and self-starting Production Planning Control Specialist to join the dynamic product realization team of department 2522. Our team has a diverse set of skills and background to enable rapid production missions in close collaboration with our customers and partners. You will be responsible for overseeing planning activities to coordinate production efforts for multiple rapid product realization programs. Additionally, support will be required for development activities that will require coordination between design, production, procurement, and testing groups. These activities will include holding daily stand up meetings, scheduling and releasing jobs, maintaining and updating Oracle, verifying inventory, coordinating development procurements and builds, and performing continuous improvement activities.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work with project leads, Project Managers, and project controllers to develop integrated production schedules.
- Monitor production metrics and present updates to leads and management
- Partner with other production planners and manufacturing personnel to ensure production deliveries are met.
- Coordinates activities with purchasing to obtain material, equipment, and services.
- Plans and directs production, including requirements planning, shop floor scheduling, inventory control, and make-or-buy decisions.
- Work with procurement personnel to request quotes from vendors, place orders, track and inventory materials, and coordinate final inspection stocking activities.
- Work with the IT team to develop necessary Oracle infrastructure to track and control production activities.
- Partner with outside PRTs to procure development materials of varying pedigrees to support development builds.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field plus entry level experience (up to two years); or a Master’s degree in a relevant field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to obtain & maintain DOE Q-level security clearance
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma concepts, methods, and tools (visual pull signals, flow, kanbans, standard work processes, etc.) and experience in the application of the tools toward continuous improvement
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated leadership and/or project management skills
- Experience working with DOD, DOE, or other highly regulated manufacturing operation
- Familiar with industry standard quality management systems (AS9100, ISO9000)
- Certified in APICS professional certification programs (Production and Inventory Management, Integrated Resource Management, or Supply Chain Professional)
- Evidence of high academic achievement
- Experience in procuring materials to drawings and specifications, following standard corporate processes
Advanced Programs (2520), will integrate, adapt, and grow Sandia National Laboratories’ (SNL’s) new product realization capabilities to meet the evolving needs of SNL and the greater Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE). Departments 2521 and 2522 are integrated high functional teams that cooperatively tackle a variety of product realization challenges for the NSE and others.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.