Sandia National Laboratories Product Design Engineer (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you interested in contributing to the NW design lifecycle time reduction efforts, through model based engineering? We are seeking a highly motivated Product Design Engineer for the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Department.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Develop strategic information management solutions that enable direct NW mission work and advance Sandia towards a Model-Based Enterprise (MBE)
- Research, architect, and implement systems that that support model-based design/definition, leverage industry standards, best practices, and tools for product data management, resolve complex/unique NW information management issues such as legacy data management and NTK, and Interface with internal Sandia organizations, as well as partners throughout the National Security Complex
Some travel will be required
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, MIS or relevant engineering discipline plus five years of relevant experience; or master's degree in mechanical engineering computer science, computer engineering, MIS or relevant engineering discipline plus two years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and/or ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, functions, project sponsors and customers, and suppliers
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in an environment with dynamic conditions, competing priorities, and firm deadlines
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the NW engineering systems and the NNSA product realization process
- Experience with PDMLink or other enterprise level product lifecycle management tools
- Current, active DOE Q-level security clearance
The Model Based Systems Engineering Department is partnering with the Product Lifecycle Management group to matrix a staff with responsibilities for common configuration management processes and tools that leverage industry best practices, modern tools, and NW-specific business practices to assure consistent and high quality engineering product definition.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.