Sandia National Laboratories Private Cloud Lead - Solutions Architect (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are hiring for a Lead Enterprise Private Cloud Solutions Architect to join the Private Cloud (Azure Stack Hub) team. This position is a combination of Leadership, IT architecture and automation roles. You will be responsible for all planning activities and solving new and complex problems involving the integration of a wide variety of technologies including: servers, storage, networking, software and middleware.
On any given day you may be called on to:
- Lead Private Cloud (Azure Stack Hub) team, create and propose strategy, generate roadmaps and collaborate with vendors and stakeholders.
- Perform the full life-cycle management of the current Azure Stack cloud as well as architect, procure, deploy, and administer additional scale units, availability zones, and disconnected deployments of Azure Stack.
- Maintain the integrity of the stack and underlying systems and resource providers.
- Build and maintain terraform Infrastructure as Code packages for cloud deployments, CI/CD pipelines for IaaS deployments and custom ARM templates.
- Build Ansible playbooks for controlled IaaS systems.
- Build complex PowerShell scripts to automate any number of configurations and scenarios.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join us and achieve your dreams while making a difference.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant discipline
plus 5 or more years’ experience working in enterprise IT
- or 13 years of relevant work experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- 1 or more years hands on experience architecting, deploying and managing Azure Stack or Azure cloud services.
All types of infrastructure including: rack-mount servers, blade servers and enclosures
- Ci/CD platforms (Gitlab, github, jenkins)
Azure Arm templates
- Terraform packages
- Knowledge of Cloud Services, Vendors and Cloud-Native Practices
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certification
- Strong communication, teaming, and leadership skills
The Enterprise Cloud Services Department (10779) is responsible for leading the implementation, operations and management of world-class Enterprise Cloud Services and adoption of Cloud-Native practices. We are focused on implementing a suite of Cloud Capabilities from Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud, PaaS, and Container Orchestration platforms.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.