Sandia National Laboratories Physician in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Physician for the Sandia Medical Clinic (SMC), which is a convenient onsite clinic that provides treatment for episodic sick care. The clinic provides same day appointments as well as walk-ins. You will be responsible for providing care and treatment to the employees. Additionally, you will conduct testing, prescribe medication, and order x-rays, as necessary.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide occupational and non-occupational acute care to patients presented in the SMC.
- Serve as the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Director.
- This position requires the ability to complete necessary trainings/certifications to become an EMS Director.
- MD/DO degree plus 3 years of experience in an urgent care setting.
- Board certified or board eligible in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Occupational Medicine.
- Licensed, or ability to become licensed, to practice in the state of NM.
- Current NM pharmacy and DEA licenses.
- Experience working in Occupational Clinic and/or Emergency Room settings.
The Employee Health Services Center provides a diverse set of health related services to employees. Occupational and preventive medicine programs, represent a sample of programs administered through our Center.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.