Sandia National Laboratories Performance Measures Analyst (Entry/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Performance Measures Analyst to fill a Governance, Risk & Compliance Analyst position to help advance Sandia’s capabilities for descriptive analytics and statistical reporting to support data-driven decisions. Your expertise in statistics and analytic methods will enable Sandia’s leadership to proactively assess and manage the performance of the Laboratories. You will partner with other statistics professionals to grow the technical maturity of the Performance Measurement Program. You will also work on a team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, reaching across all of Sandia’s functional areas to generate creative and innovative analytic solutions.
- Requires bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience; or master's degree in relevant discipline plus two or more years’ experience; or doctorate in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in defining and implementing monitoring systems, metrics, dashboards and visualizations for executive decision making as well as contractor assurance, quality assurance or enterprise performance management.
- Expertise with techniques and methodologies for statistical analysis.
- Experience in preparing procedures, reports, and presentations and researching and obtaining information
- Ability to communicate effectively and influentially to program stakeholders and executive customers in oral presentations, written analyses, concise reporting and visualizations
- Ability to lead others, organize, establish priorities, and execute assignments to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to resolve complex business issues.
- Experience integrating with leadership and interacting effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel to build effective working relations, reach consensus and influence a roadmap to drive the use of rigorous techniques.
- Strong understanding of information technology and database technologies including data virtualization and data warehouses as applied in support of analytics and reporting.
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional teams to facilitate and drive integrated, multi-disciplinary solutions to complex problems.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Completion of coursework in Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Inferential Statistics, and Multivariate Statistical Analysis.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis languages and software packages (such as Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.).
The Performance Measures and Scorecards Department is the centralized hub for Sandia’s corporate level measures, metrics, scorecards, and dashboards. The focus of the department is to provide Sandia and its leadership with effective visualization and communication of both information and analytic results to support data-driven decisions. We are responsible for partnering with all Sandia entities to advance their measures and metrics, as well as the development of institutional scorecard and dashboard frameworks.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.