Sandia National Laboratories OAA- Office Administrative Assistant in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to support multiple managers and staff.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform secretarial and clerical work for the organization managers and staff.
- Prepare a variety of documents, including correspondence, reports, vugraphs, charts, etc. Originates routine correspondence, edits and formats documents, and assists in processing paperwork in accordance with SNL policies and procedures.
- Set up file systems for all documents and maintains all programmatic and administrative records and files.
- Follow all procedures for the filing and maintenance of classified or sensitive documents and records.
- Set up databases, enters and maintains data and responds to requests for information.
- Make domestic and foreign travel arrangements for the manager and staff.
- Coordinate and schedule all meetings. Prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
- Handle telephone communications and receives visitors; ascertains nature of calls or visits; takes messages or schedules appointments; responds to routine questions or refers individuals to appropriate sources of information; and serves as an information resource to the manager and staff.
- Maintain manager's calendar in Outlook.
- Orders supplies for departments and maintenance of supply room contents
- Property coordinator
- Training coordinator
# of Mgrs: 1-5
# of Staff: 0-100
Org. #(s): To be determined
Bldg. Location(s): To be determined
To be qualified, the applicant must a high school diploma or equivalent and have passed, based on Sandia specified grades, the Sandia Secretarial tests and meet one of the following requirements:
- Four (4) years of recent secretarial-related experience, or
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Office Administration, Office Technology, Secretarial Sciences or related field and six (6) months secretarial-related experience.
The requirements listed below are in addition to the directly related experience listed in “What Your Job Will Be Like”:
- Experience with supporting multiple managers and staff members
- Experience with complex calendaring and meeting scheduling logistics
- Experience with calendaring in Outlook
- Ability to support projects and events by managing deadlines and communications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong office management and organizational skills
- Strong team orientation and customer focus
- Ability work independently and take initiative
- Attention to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook.
Once the applicant has submitted their application and resume, there will be several levels of screening as applicable: (1) resume review for direct experience and related-work history; (2) skills assessments (typing, Microsoft software competency, and basic office skills through testing); (3) interview evaluations; (4) pre-employment background reviews; and (5) drug testing. Each screening level must be passed successfully and consecutively to be eligible for consideration.
- Proficiency in SharePoint
- Active Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance
- Active Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance
- Associates of Applied Science degree with a concentration in Office Technology/Office Administrative Degree
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.