Sandia National Laboratories Neutron Tube Production Process Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a highly motivated Engineering Support Technologist (Neutron Tube (NT) Production Process Technologist). The NT process technologist is part of a lean manufacturing team and will be responsible for processes and equipment used on NT components. You will be the primary technical interface to the production operators. In addition, you will work closely with the NT process engineers to ensure a technical understanding of the processes and expected results.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Diagnose any process nonconformances, monitor process health, identify ways to increase yields, and mistake-proof the processes.
- Recommend and implement corrective or preventive actions.
- Have responsibility for maintaining written work instructions and ensure operators are properly trained.
- Seek out and pursue opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience in mechanical, electrical, chemical, or materials engineering, or a closely related technical field; or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Active DOE Q Clearance
- Demonstrated expertise with thin film deposition
- Experience troubleshooting and providing technical support for vacuum systems
- Experience working in cleanroom environments
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high quality manufacturing environment
- Strong technical communications skills, both verbal and written via Microsoft Office
- Experience creating work instructions, operating procedures, and technical drawings
- Demonstrated ability to monitor process health and conduct failure analyses
- Experience with process improvement, including a Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Commitment to a culture of safety and security
- Experience transitioning products and equipment from conceptual design to manufacturing.
The Neutron Tube Value Stream (Department 2562) is the sole source manufacturer of neutron tubes for our customers in the Nuclear Weapons Enterprise. The Neutron Tube Manufacturing Team (2562 2) is responsible for transforming neutron tube subassemblies into the completed neutron tube. Our responsibilities include processing, assembling, testing, and preparing for successful product acceptance. We maintain a safe and environmentally conscious work environment, foster respect for employees, promote open communication, and ensure on-time delivery of quality product at the promised cost.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.