Sandia National Laboratories Microelectronic/Semiconductor Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Microelectronic Semiconductor Technologist, to apply technical judgement, skills, and experience to support CMOS and advanced device technology process integration for both NW production and the R&D missions of the Radiation-Hardened CMOS Technology and Advanced Device Development Department.
On any given day, you may be called on to: :
- Support the fabrication, production, and R&D of integrated circuits.
- Serve as a vital part of a growing team of engineers and technologists creating state of the art silicon integrated circuits for national security missions and R&D collaborations.
- Manage process flow information and updates, wafer splits and fab tracking.
- Detect and resolve processing defects.
- Support lots from wafer starts through packaging.
- An Associate’s degree in a technical discipline with two years of related semiconductor fabrication experience or high school diploma plus five or more years of semiconductor fabrication experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE clearance.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment.
- Familiarity with semiconductor analytical tools such as scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, optical microscopy, and ellipsometry.
- Semiconductor process flow familiarity.
- Demonstrated experience showing attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in managing wafer lots in a semiconductor fab.
Responsible for developing, integrating, characterizing, and ensuring the reliability of radiation-hardened microelectronics fabricated in the Microsystems and Engineering Sciences Applications (MESA) facilities. Advanced device development activities are also a significant part of the team¿s work, focusing on end-of-the roadmap technologies such as resistive memories, optoelectronics, and heterogeneous integration.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT