Sandia National Laboratories Microelectronic/Semiconductor Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an experienced Integrated Circuit (IC) Test Operator to perform validation testing on fabricated wafers and packaged parts.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Operate several different tester platforms to test parts.
- Manage the movement of production parts through the test area.
- Physically transport parts between the different post fab processing areas.
- Manage tactical day-to-day technical issues on the test floor to ensure all problems are expeditiously and safely resolved.
- Partner with test engineers, equipment technologists, and other test operators to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of test floor operations.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability work shifts including evenings and graveyard.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Security Clearance.
- Experience operating microelectronic testing equipment, for example Verigy 93k, Teradyne Catalyst-400, and NP EXA3000 testers.
- Semiconductor equipment troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage work queue priorities.
- Active DOE Q Security Clearance.
Sandia's microelectronics Product Engineering department is responsible for science-based microelectronics, MEMS, and optoelectronics testing, yield improvement, and product reliability for both internal and external customers. We meet these responsibilities by developing and employing state-of-the-art functional and reliability tests and failure analysis techniques. We perform our work in a fast-paced, multi-project, team environment requiring extensive customer interaction.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.