Sandia National Laboratories Microelectronic/Semiconductor Technologist (Early-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
We are seeking a Microelectronic/Semiconductor Technologist to perform technical work in the silicon wafer fabrication and MicroFab facilities. The work will include operational support of the Etch, Lithography, Implant, Diffusion, Defect inspection, CMP, and CVD/Metals areas.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform wafer fabrication activities including wafer measurements, data analyses and data tracking.
- Operate semiconductor equipment.
- Work in a clean room environment.
- Work alongside engineers to execute projects and to support R&D and production activities.
*This position is for 3rd shift, about 10:30PM-7AM.
- High school diploma
- Current DOE L or Q security clearance or DOD equivalent.
- Ability to work off shift hours (approximately 10:30PM-7AM)
- 3+ years of direct laboratory experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in a science or engineering field.
- Familiar with applicable safety requirements relevant to semiconductor processing work (chemical safety, personal protective equipment).
- Previous experience in a low-volume production wide product mix R&D micro fabrication environment.
5240 develops and maintains core semiconductor processing capabilities that enable our customers to build differentiating Microsystems products. Two outstanding facilities are co-located within the 64,900 square foot MESAfab complex including: (1) a 11,900 square foot Class 1 Silicon Fab for 8-inch silicon wafer processing and (2) a 14,900 square foot Class 10/Class 100 MicroFab for compound semiconductor processing and silicon wafer post-processing.
The Silicon Fab has processing expertise in CMOS and MEMS technologies. Over 150 equipment sets are maintained, supported and operated 24 hours per day, 5 days a week (3 shifts). Processing and maintenance expertise are staffed on all 3 shifts. We offer outstanding prototyping capabilities and are capable of producing full flow production lots as well as performing flexible process development.
The MicroFab has expertise in compound semiconductor processing. All of the MicroFab equipment (180 tools) are maintained and supported by our in-house maintenance and technical staff.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD).
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.