Sandia National Laboratories Microelectronics Equipment Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an experienced Microelectronics Equipment Technologist that develops, builds, modifies, repairs, and maintains a wide variety of microelectronic semiconductor tools, instruments, systems, and processes. The position is for a 3rd shift operation (Sun -Th 10:00pm - 7:30am). The specific area of interest is in reactive ion etching, chemical mechanical polishing and wet chemical processing semiconductor equipment.
On any given day your duties as a Microelectronics Equipment Technologist may include:
- Plan and perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas.
- Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, testsand maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Develop, evaluate and work from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Operate related equipment, conduct tests, and reports data in a prescribed format.
- Specify and perform calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as needed; and prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- May perform duties in radiation environments or involving radiation-producing equipment.
- Analyze data and recommends modifications to components or test procedures to meet desired specifications.
- Oversee equipment support contracts and oversees the work of vendor equipment support personnel.
- Educational requirements are a High School Diploma and 5 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to lift 35+ lbs. with an assistance device.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE security clearance.
- Ability to adjust and repair semiconductor process equipment with particular experience in reactive ion etch (RIE) semiconductor plasma-based systems.
- Experience in the following systems: Vacuum, Pressure, Mechanical, Electronic, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, RF/Microwave, and lasers/optics.
- Practical understanding of electronic principles and electro-mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with all safety requirements relevant to semiconductor equipment work (e.g. lock out tag out, pressure and electrical safety, chemical safety).
- Awareness of engineering principles and basic technical responsibilities, including design and systems technology, within designated discipline.
- Training and certification in Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Applicant must be able to communicate well, work independently with minimal guidance, and collaboratively as part of a team and interact constructively with others.
- Applicant must possess demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in a R&D micro fabrication environment.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Execution Software Programs such as FactoryWorks and Xsite a plus.
- Applicants who have a current L or Q clearance desired.
5240 develops and maintains core semiconductor processing capabilities that enable our customers to build differentiating Microsystems products. Two unique facilities are co-located within the 64,900 square foot MESAfab complex including: (1) a 11,900 square foot Class 1 Silicon Fab for 6-inch silicon wafer processing and (2) a 14,900 square foot Class 10/Class 100 MicroFab for compound semiconductor processing and silicon wafer post-processing. The Silicon Fab has processing expertise in CMOS and MEMS technologies. Over 150 equipment sets are maintained, supported and operated 24 hours per day, 5 days a week (3 shifts). Processing and maintenance expertise are staffed on all 3 shifts. We offer unique prototyping capabilities and are capable of producing full flow production lots as well as performing flexible process development. The MicroFab has expertise in compound semiconductor processing. All of the MicroFab equipment (180 tools) are maintained and supported by our in-house maintenance and technical staff. We are capable of producing highly customized, low-volume production or prototyping devices and have flexible processing capabilities. As one of 3 operations departments in 5240, 5246 has primary responsibility for Wet Etch, Dry Etch, Release Dry Coat, Plating, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, and Planning and Projects.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT