Sandia National Laboratories Manager, Information Systems Engineering, MESAFAB Computer Integrated Manufacturing (5242) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Center 5240 has responsibility for the safe and effective sustainment and operations of Sandia’s two semiconductor fabs within the MESA complex. The MESA microfabrication facilities specialize in developing and delivering low-volume, high-consequence, high-trust, custom integrated microsystem products. They also support state-of-the-art microfabrication capabilities for scientific and engineering research, technology advancement and maturation, and small-lot, prototyping. Efficient management of the fabs is based on continuous acquisition and analysis of data from the semiconductor processing and product test equipment used to fabricate semiconductor wafers and finished integrated circuit and microsystems products. The MESA Fab includes the Silicon Fab and the MicroFab (a compound semiconductor fab).
A manager is needed to manage the work of the Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) department. The successful candidate will be able to manage CIM personnel, equipment, and software to ensure safety, productivity, waste reduction, security, and data quality in support of efficient and effective fab and post-fab operations.
Key functions of the CIM manager’s role include but are not limited to:
- Managing 20 direct reports including information technology software systems engineers and computer software/hardware support technologists.
- Provide leadership, technical vision, guidelines and direction to staff. Responsible for all aspects of semiconductor processing data management including hardware, software, data analysis, and reporting.
- Work with fab managers to improve and optimize efficiency, communication, cycle time and wafer movement.
- Work with post-fab processing managers to develop and maintain the Electronic Production Control System (EPCS) that supports high quality rigor product deliveries.
- Partner with Center 5200 leadership to ensure that the MESAfab successfully converts from 6 inch wafer size to 8 inch on schedule and within budget.
- Proactively drive a continuous improvement methodology for safety, quality, productivity, security, and waste reduction.
- Develop the department’s capabilities including staff and equipment.
- Develop proper metrics to gage progress and highlight issues.
- Requires a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate in relevant discipline and eight years’ of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Semiconductor fab experience at the staff or management level.
- Two or more years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- An understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- Technical leadership and/or management experience in semiconductor fabrication.
- Ability to create a fab operations predictive model for a high mix, low volume R&D fab.
- Experience supporting or managing a computer/database infrastructure for a semiconductor fab.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software.
- IT management experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in developing trust based relationships among peers, staff and management.
- Active L or Q Security Clearance.
Center 5240 develops and maintains core semiconductor processing capabilities that enable our customers to build differentiating Microsystems products. Two unique facilities are co-located within the 64,900 square foot MESAfab complex including: (1) a 11,900 square foot Class 1 Silicon Fab for 6-inch silicon wafer processing and (2) a 14,900 square foot Class 10/Class 100 MicroFab for compound semiconductor processing and silicon wafer post-processing. The Silicon Fab has processing expertise in CMOS and MEMS technologies. Over 150 equipment sets are maintained, supported and operated 24 hours per day, 5 days a week (3 shifts). Processing and maintenance expertise are staffed on all 3 shifts. We offer unique prototyping capabilities and are capable of producing full flow production lots as well as performing flexible process development.
The MicroFab has expertise in compound semiconductor processing. All of the MicroFab equipment (180 tools) are maintained and supported by our in-house maintenance and technical staff. We are capable of producing highly customized, low-volume production or prototyping devices and have flexible processing capabilities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT