Sandia National Laboratories IT Business Systems Analyst (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We seek an experienced IT Business Systems Analyst to join our team with a role focused on coordinating efforts for a web development team. As an integral member of this team, you will help organize and focus the efforts of the team, communicate across multiple levels of management, facilitate meetings and workshops to understand processes and needs, research and test new IT technologies, and manage project schedules and deliverables.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Set up meetings with customers to gather requirements based on web requests
- Create work agreements based on customer requirements
- Work with technical team to determine the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Obtain customer and manager approval on work agreement requirements and WBS
- Work with technical team to determine estimated project start and end date
- Work with technical team to conduct continuous customer communication during the product development
- Oversee and monitor products during the product development
- Work with technical team to ensure Sandia’s Solutions Delivery Lifecycle (SDL) is followed for all products deployed
- Requires bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Technical Communications, or relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience; master's degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Technical Communications, or relevant discipline plus two or more years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (13 years minimum).
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis and business process modeling/mapping.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE security clearance.
- Experience establishing customer requirements for more than one product simultaneously
- Solid understanding and experience with the software lifecycle
- Familiar with 10700 Solutions Delivery Lifecycle (SDL)
- Familiarity with the Sandia IT enterprise and architectures
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
We are Sandia's go-to team for delivering contemporary, innovative, and awesome information solutions that meet our customers' and users' needs and expectations, and we have fun doing it. We cultivate, expand, and enrich Sandia's information space by providing a high-quality, cost-effective, uniform web presence to the corporation, and we help teams across Sandia use the web to communicate to the Labs and to the rest of the world. Our team includes professional web designers, software engineers, computer scientists, business systems analysts, information management professionals, and project managers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT