Sandia National Laboratories Intern - University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Partnerships Business Undergrad Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - Business Undergrad
This exciting opportunity is for a year-round internship with a prestigious national security laboratory. We seek a professional, motivated team player to join us for training and orientation at our research laboratory in Albuquerque, NM this summer, with continuation of the internship at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign campus during the school year. The Student Campus Liaison will support Sandia’s campus recruiting activities and general university relationship-building efforts. You will work closely with our Academic Alliance office, HR Recruiting and Student Programs staff, as well as our University Partnerships office. The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign is one of the five Sandia Academic Alliance schools, which are key institutions for research partnership, technology collaborations and talent pipeline development.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Promote Sandia Labs as a premier employer by reaching out to student organizations, and encouraging students to apply for employment at Sandia
- Partner with our campus recruiting team and Academic Alliance staff to develop and execute business strategies
- Help identify top prospects who meet Sandia’s business mission needs
- Collect data, perform market research and analysis
- Coordinate appointments, schedules, engagements and activities related to Academic Alliance objectives
- Develop partnerships, which will include engaging previous Sandia interns and collaborating with student groups and faculty
- Support the on-campus manager with preparations for various recruiting and partnership development activities
- Perform ad-hoc administrative assignments as they arise
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Availability to travel to Sandia this summer for group training at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico followed by a year-round assignment on campus
- Academic status: Earned 61 credit hours or more
- Leadership experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, with strong proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with SharePoint and/or Web Page development
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Human Resources, Communications, or related discipline
Department 01172 is responsible for developing and maintaining a robust partnership with the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Sandia Labs has created Academic Alliances with top universities across the country, including the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, the University of Texas Austin, Georgia Tech, the University of New Mexico, and Purdue University. Organization 1170 supports Sandia’s relationship with these schools, while Department 1172 specifically supports the Sandia relationship with UIUC. These relationships aim to solve major national problems, engage talented researchers to work on practical, complex problems early in their academic careers, and introduce new ideas and technologies into the marketplace through jointly developed intellectual property.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT