Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Technology Development R&D Graduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - R&D Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work with project teams to design, develop, implement, test, and deliver advanced data processing software for complex, real-time analysis systems
- Work in a collaborative environment and assist in the development of first-of-a-kind software solutions and data exploitation methods to solve challenging technical problems for national security needs
- Engineer software that supports capture, analysis, representation, and dissemination of information to support decision-making
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 30 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to work 10 hours per week (on average) during the semester, with exceptions for academic deadlines
- Currently enrolled in a Master's or PhD program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Programming experience (Python, Matlab, C or equivalent)
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Experience with digital signal processing
- Interest in machine learning
- Knowledge of CUDA
- Experience with data collection
The mission of the Technology Development Department is to provide a national resource leveraging program using Sandia capabilities & expertise across multiple federal agencies in pursuit of high performance, cost-effective, and timely physical security technologies for critical assets of the Department of Energy (DOE) and Department of Defense (DoD). Skills within the center include: systems analysis and engineering, software engineering and development, data analysis, advanced digital signal processing, development for Multicore and GPU, Machine Learning, and algorithm development and implementation.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.