Sandia National Laboratories Intern- Surety Engineering R&D Undergraduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - R&D Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support Surety Engineers with development, qualification, manufacturing, test planning, execution, and documentation
- Help Surety Engineers apply technical judgment to complex engineering problems, focusing on defect prevention
- Assist with execution of Systems Engineering processes, such as the development of requirements traceability and verification reports
- Learn about NNSA Quality Requirements and help the Surety Engineers with the planning, execution, and documentation of technical reviews
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Pursuing a science, engineering, or math major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Demonstrated ability to work with large and diverse technical teams
- Familiarity with modern quality engineering principles, practices and standards (AS9100B, IEEE, ASME, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, personal initiative, responsiveness, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to support potential travel
The Surety Engineering group (9420) is a center of excellence for research and development (R&D) Technical Quality at Sandia National Laboratories. With multidisciplinary engineers at numerous sites, 9420 provides R&D hardware and software quality and systems engineering expertise throughout the entire product realization lifecycle, as well as trains fellow scientists and engineers in defect prevention strategies and graded approaches to product qualification. We deliver strong technical solutions that increase customer confidence against loss, damage, and errors by minimizing a product’s risk through the prevention, early detection, and mitigation of defects. Our engineers play a critical role in R&D project teams responsible for realizing high-consequence products, providing customized engineering support that ensures the appropriate qualification and testing evidence meets design requirements in a predictable, timely, and sustainable manner.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.