Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Software Applications Development for Z Machine R&D Undergrad Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - R&D Undergrad
On any given day you may be called on to:
- Aid in the research, design, development and maintenance of applications for use atSandia’s Z Machine facility
- Learn about and contribute to the development of web-based solutions to improve the efficiency of Z operations
- Provide better configuration management of the machine
- Enable safe and reliable experiment execution
Our agile team is passionate about writing modern code and continuously improving our software development processes.This role provides the opportunity to experience and learn within this agile environment and to execute independent efforts.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Pursuing a science, engineering, or math major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-Level Security Clearance
- SQL Server CRUD operations
- Microsoft Entity Framework or other Object Relational Mappers
- Source control solution(s)
Z Mission Assurance, Execution, and Analytics, is a diverse, interdisciplinary team dedicated to ensuring the operational readiness, agile & adaptive execution, and system-level analysis for High Energy Density Physics (HEDP) campaigns at Sandia National Laboratories’ Z Machine.
By applying systems engineering approaches and creating advanced software solutions, Department 01671 collaborates across Center 01600 to realize and analyze concepts of operation at the complex multi-stakeholder Z facility, create and steward novel methods for workflow management & inter-team coordination, and develop and deliver local capability enhancements. Additionally, the team ensures that Z’s final insulator and transmission line components are prepared to reliably stand-off millions of Volts and deliver tens of millions of Amperes to complex experiment-specific configurations that they’ve prepared in the machine. Dedicated Z facility-specific quality management, ES&H, and logistics resources work together to provide essential mission support for the entire Z facility and its many dynamic mission needs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT