Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Sensor Exploitation Applications and Exploratory Real-Time Systems R&D Undergrad Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - R&D Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Assist staff members in developing and executing algorithms for characterizing differences between data from Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) measurement and simulation of radar signatures
- Assist staff in developing a method to minimize the differences
- Generate tables and graphs of data and results
- Assist staff in communicating results through written and oral presentation
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Pursuing a science, engineering, or math major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Senior or junior undergraduate student in engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics or closely related field
- Proficiency with Matlab
- Experience with statistics
The Sensor Exploitation Applications Department develops and implements pattern recognition approaches called Automatic Target Recognition (ATR) algorithms that detect, identify, and classify objects of interest. Department 5448 applies these techniques to a variety of data sources, including Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imagery, High Range Resolution (HRR) radar, optical and long-wave Infrared imagery, and acoustic data.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.