Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Science & Engineering Computing-Environment Services Clerical Union Undergrad Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - Clerical Union Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide basic-level administrative support to a large department assisting with the support of management and staff as well as establishing effective processes for the group’s workflow
- Help organize the department by assisting with personnel moves, travel arrangements, and sending individual reminders to staff regarding action items and deadlines
- Partner with Office Administrative Assistants (OAAs) across the center to increase productivity and balance workload
- Assist with providing coverage in the absence of Office Administrative Assistants (OAAs)
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate will be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), which requires monthly membership dues or agency fees. New hires into an OPEIU represented position will remain in the initial position for twelve (12) months before being eligible to be considered for other Sandia employment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with MS Office
- Strong MS-Office skills including, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Interest in or knowledge of Information Technology
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Science & Engineering Computing-Environment Services Department, Org 9321, provides advanced capabilities and in-depth support for a broad range of scientific and engineering computing services which include: high performance computing, remote graphics workstations, high performance storage, scientific and engineering applications, web development, software engineering, and continuous integration (compilation and test) environments. The department designs, develops, manages, and provides cutting edge software and tools across multiple platforms used to create complex mission unique capabilities. The department develops and implements new and emergent technologies and capabilities in support of mission and programmatic needs. We partner with other organizations and teams across the Laboratories to deliver user environments, subject matter expert support, and application-level software and tools to support the scientific and engineering communities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT