Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Scalable Analysis and Visualization R&D Graduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - R&D Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work as part of a diverse technical team
- Perform research and development in machine learning, statistical analysis, and uncertainty qualification
- Publish and present research findings and contribute to research proposals
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 30 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of general data-analytic processes using statistical or machine-learning techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming Python
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience developing data-analytics codes using statistical or machine-learning techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in working with real world data and problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team of technical experts
- Experience working directly with customers on real problems
- Experience with software engineering
- Active Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance
Department 1461 specializes in analysis and visualization of large, complex data. We research algorithms and visualization techniques for understanding and interacting with large data, with a focus on building underlying technologies that are open source.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a DOE security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance must be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.