Sandia National Laboratories Intern- Performance Excellence and Assurance Management - Business High School Year-Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Intern Year Round - Business High School student to join our department.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Maintain databases/spreadsheets
- Interpret/analyze/sort data for the development of metrics
- Create and edit job aids and flow charts
- Provide technical support for logistics applications and email accounts
- General clerical duties such as scheduling meetings , filing documents, data entry, note taking
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Attending a local high school
- Enrolled full time, as defined by the school
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Minimum 16 years of age
- U.S. citizenship
- Demonstrated knoweldge and application of Microsoft Office tools
- Familiarity with Project Management software
- Ability to trouble shoot computer/software issues
- Availability Mon - Fri
The Performance Excellence and Assurance Management department's primary mission is to serve as a critical enabler of Center 10200's vision to deliver excellence in Supply Chain Management. The department is responsible for leading the organization?s quality assurance program. It provides quality/continuous improvement services, documented guidance, performance assessments, and tools that allow the organization to operate flexibly, effectively, and efficiently. Specific responsibilities include: the development, implementation, and maintenance of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System; Procurement Card Program (P?Card); interface with external government agencies and other stakeholders; performance measurement and evaluation; training and development; contractor performance evaluations; supplier quality; information technology strategy; and continuous improvement services (e.g., lean six sigma, benchmarking, etc.).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.