Sandia National Laboratories Intern- Monitoring Systems and Technology Intern Center (MSTIC) R&D Undergraduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - R&D Undergrad
The Monitoring Systems and Technology Intern Center (MSTIC) program is seeking outstanding undergraduate students majoring in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Geophysics, Materials Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, Seismology, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related fields of study. Students will work in high-caliber, cohesive teams to support nuclear proliferation detection, ensure the research and delivery of remote sensing and verification systems, and manufacture high-consequence products. The MSTIC program is actively seeking qualified students to join existing project teams in designing, developing, implementing, testing, and delivering advanced data processing and exploitation software for complex, real-time analysis systems that support remote sensing. Projects within the center include, but are not limited to, satellite systems engineering, high-consequence missions, full- system approaches to solving national security issues, and multi-disciplinary sensing systems.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited undergraduate program
- Pursuing a science, engineering, or math major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Geophysics, Mathematics, Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, Seismology, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field of study
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present ideas and results in oral and written form
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical principles and processes
- Understanding of and demonstrated use of a variety of research tools
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5/4.0
- Working knowledge and understanding of an engineering or science-related field as listed in the Required Skills section
- Active U.S. Government-granted security clearance
The Monitoring Systems and Technology Intern Center (MSTIC) is a student internship program at Sandia National Laboratories that focuses on remote sensing and technologies. Specific areas of interest are space missions, treaty verification, nuclear nonproliferation, cooperative monitoring, surveillance, and reconnaissance. The program is aimed at developing the next generation of experts in these areas of national security systems. The program is designed for college and university students who are currently pursuing degrees in the fields of Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering, Materials, Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Seismology, or related fields of study, and are interested in furthering their knowledge in the area of remote sensing, space-based systems, sensor technology, and high-consequence systems while working on an undergraduate or graduate degree
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.