Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) Business Undergrad Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) is seeking an Undergraduate Student Intern to support various business operations at Sandia. MSTAT is active in identifying candidates with relevant academic and work experience in an effort to provide valuable internships, build a pipeline for possible future regular employment, and to meet near-term project deliverables. Candidates are expected to team with others to support Sandia's mission by adding value, improving operations, offering innovative solutions and appropriately managing risk for the corporation.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide analysis and recommendations for business decisions
- Work with technical partners find solutions for their business needs
- Manage a supply chain business need
- Provide assistance in managing project schedules or budget
In addition to the opportunities in the business intern program, there is also the option of joining the Project Controls intern program. A PC Intern works with project management staff who provide detailed analysis and reporting on project or program status within an established system of project controls. The Project Controller supports the technical team in performing a variety of project management functions. Applicants must submit a current copy of their resume to be considered for this position. Resumes should include cumulative GPA's for all degrees, area of study, and expected graduation date. List any academic awards, relevant work experience related to your degree, certifications received, demonstrated leadership, community involvement, and prior relationship with a national laboratory or with DOE on the resume. Candidates applying on this requisition may be interviewed or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a business area such as: Budgeting, Accounting, Project Management, Audit, or Supply chain
- Demonstrated leadership outside of academics, including student organizations and community service
Mission Services leads financial management systems, business excellence and process improvements, work authorization systems, information technology, purchasing, and other administrative services. The Division also facilitates cost estimating, budgeting, and business planning activities across Sandia through a combination of business staff within and matrixed to various Divisions and PMUs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT