Sandia National Laboratories Intern- Microsystems and Engineering Sciences Applications R&D Graduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - R&D Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Develop and integrate new semiconductor processes for unique technologies and R&D
- Research new pathfinder science and engineering differentiating capability to invent new technology
- Solve complex problems alongside world renowned experts in many fields
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field
- Hands-on laboratory experience, preferentially in a cleanroom environment
- Some experience with semiconductor fabrication techniques and equipment
Sandia National Laboratories Microsystems and Engineering Sciences Applications (MESA) complex provides unique processing capability in semiconductor microfabrication. The MESAFab Operations departments develop and maintain core semiconductor processing capabilities and capacity that enable our customers to build differentiating Microsystems products. Two unique facilities are co-located within the 65,000 square foot MESAFab complex including: (1) a 12,000 square foot Class 1 Silicon Fab for 6-inch silicon wafer processing and (2) a 15,000 square foot Class 10 and Class 100 MicroFab for compound semiconductor material processing and silicon wafer post-processing. Key microfabrication processing areas include photolithography, reactive ion etch, wet etch/clean, oxidation and diffusion, thin films, CMP (planarization), ion implantation, metrology, deep reactive silicon ion etch, wafer bonding and thinning, electroplating, packaging, MEMS release, yield learning and statistical process control.The Silicon Fab has processing expertise in both CMOS and MEMS technologies. Over 150 equipment sets are maintained, supported and operated 24 hours per day, 5 days a week (3 shifts). Both processing and maintenance expertise are staffed on all 3 shifts. We offer unique prototyping capabilities. We are capable of producing full flow production lots with quick turnaround time as well as performing flexible process development. The MicroFab has expertise in compound semiconductor material processing. All of the MicroFab equipment (180 tools) are maintained and supported by our in-house maintenance and technical staff. We are capable of producing highly customized, low-volume production or prototyping devices and have flexible processing capabilities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.