Sandia National Laboratories Intern- Legal and Prime Contract Law Clerical Undergrad Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - Clerical Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support and cover the Executive Assistant and 4 Senior Management Assistants
- Support attorney and staff requests
- Assist the Assistant Corporate Secretary in preparing and assembling the Board of Managers’ quarterly meeting material
- Assist the SMA with Tier Board meeting
- Work with General Law Counsel on FCPA Analysis, complete worksheet with relevant information
- Verify and upload information to the Legal SharePoint Site
- Respond to Lien Letters on a bi-weekly basis
- Respond to requests for information, answer phones and coordinate visitors
- Coordinate Gem cart calendar and maintenance
- Coordinate all reapplication, burn bag, and move tickets
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Pursuing a degree in business or a non-technical field
- Hold a DOE Security Clearance
Sandia Legal & Prime Contract Division provides legal advice and counsel to the Corporate Officers (Laboratories Director, Deputy Labs Director, Associate Labs Directors, Treasurer, Secretary, and all levels of management) in the areas of taxes, benefits, human resources, procurement, security, labor relations and employee litigation, environmental safety and health, and intellectual property.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.