Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Interdisciplinary Design, Engineering, and Assurance Students (IDEAS) R&D Undergrad Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - R&D Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform entry-level work within a research and development, science and engineering environment working in conjunction with Sandia staff on projects that involve applying integrated technical judgment--which requires using the scientific method to recognize and formulate problems, to collect data through observation and experimentation, and to formulate and test hypotheses
- Support work in the fundamentals of science and engineering while applying an understanding of engineering and scientific principles
- Assist in the creation and application of scientific theories and laws and engineering methods used within scientific and engineering disciplines to develop or demonstrate new designs, concepts, materials, machines, products, processes, or systems
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited undergraduate program
- Pursuing a science, engineering, or math major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
- Cumulative GPA >3.5/4.0
The Interdisciplinary Design, Engineering, and Assurance Students (IDEAS) program is a multi-discipline, product focused intern program that provides engineering design, components, subsystems, integration, testing, and field support for nuclear weapons and other national security applications. Examples of these applications include the development of satellite and other space-flight payloads and testing for high consequence military programs. IDEAS interns will work collaboratively with experienced Technical Staff on research and development, analysis of technology and engineering options, project design, testing, data acquisition, and data analysis. IDEAS interns are part of a Sandia program, Technical Internships to Advance National Security (TITANS), which offers students valuable cross-exposure to projects in other TITANS tracks.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT