Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Interdisciplinary Design, Engineering, and Assurance Students (IDEAS) R&D Graduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - R&D Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform entry-level work within a research and development, science and engineering environment working in conjunction with Sandia staff on projects that involve applying integrated technical judgment
- Use the scientific method to recognize and formulate problems, to collect data through observation and experimentation, and to formulate and test hypotheses
- Support work in the fundamentals of science and engineering while applying an understanding of engineering and scientific principles
- Assist in the creation and application of scientific theories and laws and engineering methods used within scientific and engineering disciplines to develop or demonstrate new designs, concepts, materials, machines, products, processes, or systems
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
- 3.7/4.0 cumulative GPA
The Engineering and Design Integration Center (2600) is a multi-discipline, product-focused organization that provides engineering design, components, subsystems, integration, testing, and field support for nuclear weapons and other national security applications. Examples of these applications include the development of satellite and other space-flight payloads and testing for high consequence military programs. The Center is divided into three main competencies: Advanced Mechanical Systems, Sensor and Fuse Engineering, and Telemetry and Software Systems.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.