Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Intellectual Property (IP) Management Business Graduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - Business Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support ongoing business operation activities (e.g. invoicing, tracking, customer relations, etc.)
- Learn and utilize intellectual property management software for monthly data analysis and reporting
- Perform analysis of Sandia’s Intellectual Property portfolio to support technology commercialization
Individual must be able to work under direction to assist intellectual property management staff. Our intellectual property staff work to manage Sandia’s intellectual property and enable deployment to industry, universities, and state and federal agencies.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience conducting research utilizing the web
- Excellent written communications
- Attention to detail
- Experience with business and marketing concepts
- Experience with data analysis, including statistical analysis
The Intellectual Property (IP) Management, Licensing and Business & Competitive Intelligence (BCI) Department (1182) is responsible for managing Sandia's IP portfolio and for negotiating and consummating license agreements. The department enables beneficial partnerships to deploy Sandia's technologies to industry, universities, other labs, and state and federal agencies. The department also provides business and competitive intelligence to support leadership strategies and program development activities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.