Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Integrated Software Solutions Clerical Union Undergraduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - Clerical Union Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support an administrative staff team in performing secretarial and clerical work
- Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to perform daily operations
- Handle telephone communications, receive and escort visitors, and schedule appointments
- Assist in the maintenance of the organization's resources (vehicles, golf cart, facilities, office supplies, etc.)
- Respond to routine questions and/or refer individuals to appropriate sources of information
- Assist in scheduling meetings, coordinating schedules, and preparing/distributing meeting minutes
- Create routine correspondence, edit and format documents, and process paperwork in accordance with SNL policies and procedures
- Assist with office preparation for new staff, interview packet preparation, setting up file systems for documents and maintaining programmatic and administrative records and files
- Assist in making domestic and foreign travel arrangements/packets for the manager and staff
- Assist with administrative functions of quality engineering
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate will be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), which requires monthly membership dues or agency fees.
- Ability to provide administrative staff with logistical support of engineering teams working at off-site locations
The Data Systems Engineering Group provides extreme data system engineering solutions supporting a broad range of critical national security missions. These missions span Sandia’s Nuclear Weapon (NW) and Strategic Partnership Program (SPP) customer base, giving the organization the unique opportunity to leverage our core competencies and capabilities across the laboratory. The Integrated Software Solutions department provides complete software engineering solutions for a broad range of systems. We have diverse technical expertise in software development, integration, and testing utilizing computer science and system engineering as a competency foundation.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.