Sandia National Laboratories Intern-High Confidence System Environments-Technical Graduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Year-Round Technical Graduate Intern in a Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Management of Information Systems program to join our dynamic team. Your background will include specializing in software system verification, validation, and integration (VV&I). You will join an existing VV&I team within a Sandia mission area supporting the nation’s nuclear deterrent and will be working with Sandia R&D software engineers. The initial assignment will be basic-level work to develop automated user interface testing with a commercial tool, but the potential of increased responsibility exists as you build your understanding of the mission area and your skills in VV&I.
Please Note: Must have the ability to obtain a Q clearance and a Sigma 15 clearance which may require non-lifestyle polygraph testing.
On any given day, you may be called on to
•Develop scripts to automate user interface testing using the commercial SmartBear UI testing suite
•Develop and execute software test procedures to verify complex software against requirements
•Design and implement strategies for tracking requirements, tests, and results
•Collect evidentiary packages to document verification and validation results
•Interact with team members involved in systems, hardware, software, and quality
•Review requirements and design documentation
•Integrate hardware and software elements, executing integration tests and evaluating interfaces
•Update existing LabVIEW scripts
•Must be able to work on NM Campus Work Site.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 30 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Local residence and ability to work on-site
- Experience developing software with C++ or C#
- Experience with software testing or formal software verification and validation practices
- Knowledge and experience in testing methodologies and techniques
- Self-directed, organized, able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability and desire to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize work and make decisions while working on multiple tasks
- Ability to quickly learn new tools, approaches, and concepts and to understand and follow defined testing and engineering practices and standards
- Experience writing automated software tests
- Experience with Windows operating environments
- Experience with LabVIEW
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in full-time employment on the VV&I team after graduation
- Current Q clearance
The High Confidence System Environments Department researches, analyzes, designs, develops, and delivers well-engineered software architectures and products as well as system engineering models and frameworks for critical systems in high consequence mission environments. Key competencies include software engineering; secure embedded software development; systems engineering; software quality engineering; and software verification, validation, and integration.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.