Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Environmental, Compliance & Monitoring - Technical Undergraduate Year-Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Year Round - Technical Undergraduate Intern to join our dynamic team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- The Air Quality Compliance program is looking for a year-round undergraduate intern to assist with compliance and environmental sustainability activities
- Examples of support activities for the Air Quality Compliance group could include:
- Assist with calculating potential emissions for sources of air pollutants
- Assist in the development of emissions testing protocols, emissions inventory reports, and other documentation
- Conduct compliance monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting activities
- Assist with air quality dispersion modeling activities
- Assist in the development of development of air permit applications
- Conduct inventory reviews of regulated equipment
- Maintain compliance tracking databases
- Perform data reviews for quality assurance and/or trending
- Perform assessments of the AQC program and permit operators
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Ideally, we would like to see your background include some of the following:
- Detail oriented
- Student intern with an emphasis in Environmental, Air Quality or associated science background. Excel experience.
- Data analysis experience.
The SNL/New Mexico Environmental Management Department is responsible for the implementation of all environmental programs and activities in support of research and development in combustion, bio-defense, energy and nuclear security disciplines. The department implements five Environmental programs (Air Quality, Environmental Monitoring, Environmental Planning, Waste Management and Pollution Prevention).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.