Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Enterprise Service Management Technical Undergraduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - Technical Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Use software industry best practices and tools to develop and release software products
- Work as a member of a cross-functional agile team participating in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Take responsibility for timely completion of software tasks identifying alternative approaches or work-arounds when problems are encountered
- Seek constant improvement of products, software engineering processes as well as continuous development and growth of skills
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and grow
- Basic understanding of HTTP, HTML and SQL
- Demonstrated initiative in dealing with challenging problems and implementing creative solutions
- The ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of Linux or Windows operating system administration
The Enterprise IT Service Monitoring and Management (ESMM) group provides enterprise Change Management, Event Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management of Sandia's Information Technology (IT) environment to ensure the health of Sandia's IT environment by providing 24/7 monitoring and response.We are currently expanding our capabilities with a new suite of IT asset auto-discovery and monitoring tools to determine configuration, status and health of IT components and overall IT Business services provided to the customer at the enterprise level. The tool suite will support the ITSM Event Management process and integrate with the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Incident Management Process and the Change Management process. The technology will be architected to monitor, detect events, analyze events and determine response to events.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico need to pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a clearance, a pre-processing background review may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance need to be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.