Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Enterprise Business Intelligence Technical Undergrad Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - Technical Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work with other Technical staff on current projects which include application architecture, BI analytics, project management
- Apply software engineering principles, tools, and advanced techniques to develop and support applications, including software development methodologies, database design methodologies, programming languages, source code control for release management, and disaster recovery methodologies
Selected applicants may be interviewed with a manager-led team for placement to a specific position.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program in Management Information Systems (MIS), or related field
- Familiarity with program testing, programming concepts, and object-oriented concepts
- Familiarity with SQL to perform queries for report development using SSRS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to receive and complete team assignments
- Ability to work with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle or Microsoft SqlServer
- Familiarity in PowerPivot, PowerQuery, and PowerBI along with Microsoft Excel (2016) knowledge of data analysis tools
- Familiarity with non-relational databases and in-memory databases
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) Security Clearance
The Enterprise Business Intelligence Department provide interactive reports, tabular models, data cubes, and visualizations that disseminate business information used to support a wide range of project, program, and organization decisions. The department is responsible for providing an end-to-end EBI Portal that supports over 10,000 users across the laboratories using an in-house developed data warehouse sourced from Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP systems. The Business Intelligence data is transformed and disseminated employing a Microsoft presentation layer using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) integrated with SharePoint.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.