Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Energy Water Systems Integration R&D Graduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - R&D Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Refine survey questions for dissemination
- Manage surveys and collate responses
- Summarize survey findings into technical reports
- Visualize summary results into geospatial map layers
- Communicate findings with colleagues
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Experience in collecting data using survey methods
- Familiarity with geospatial analysis
- Strong background in Python programming
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
- Familiarity with water resource management for energy generation
- Experience with building databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for at least 8 weeks
The Energy Water System Integration department works at the intersection of the coupled human (engineered systems) and natural systems to support the security of the nation's energy water systems. We do this through data modeling and analysis, geo-spatial analysis, hydrology and hydrogeology modeling, climate impact assessments to energy water systems at the watershed scale, risk assessments, and decision support tools.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a DOE security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance must be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.