Sandia National Laboratories Intern- End-to-End System Engineering Union Clerical Undergraduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - Clerical Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Assist with general office duties
- Assist with planning events
- Maintain the office area and supplies
- Assist managers and staff with document preparation, filing, making copies, data entry, ordering supplies, and other related tasks
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate will be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), which requires monthly membership dues or agency fees.
- One-year previous office or administrative experience interfacing with customers both in person and via telephone
- Strong customer service and telephone etiquette skills
- Dependable team player
The End-to-End System Engineering Department focuses on engineering successful large-complex systems. Its core skillsets encompass requirements definition & development; technical software system engineering; hardware/software/security architectures; agile frameworks; and delivery of products to site. We represent and communicate the results of the team's engineering efforts - analysis, design, and delivered product - to project and program customers. Our strengths are in technical leadership and innovation, understanding of the relevant scientific and mission domains, and experience with large-scale software engineering and design.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.