Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Corporate Web Design - Technical Undergraduate - Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Summer – Technical Undergraduate Intern to join our dynamic team!
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Create or revise web pages and sites using the WordPress content management system
- Participate on web development teams and assist with various aspects of product development projects and web maintenance.
- Apply user centered design methodology to develop usable software products
- Translate user research findings into design recommendations
- Create wireframes and prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Collaborate with user interface designers and developers to create high quality software products
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) ina relatedaccredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
- Experience building web pages with HTML and CSS
- Experience with a wide variety of usability methods, including observational studies, user interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluations, usability testing etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in development teams using agile methodologies
- Knowledge of visual design principles, information architecture, and style guides/template creation
- Understand and have practical experience with web-based software application development methodologies, trends, and technologies
- Design and construct web sites, web pages, web application user interfaces or web components, including graphics, animation and functionality, audio and video, page layout, navigation, user interface graphics, icons, and color schemes
We are Sandia's go-to team for delivering contemporary, innovative, and awesome information solutions that meet our customers' and users' needs and expectations, and we have fun doing it. We cultivate, expand, and enrich Sandia's information space by providing a high-quality, cost-effective, uniform web presence to the corporation, and we help teams across Sandia use the web to communicate to the Labs and to the rest of the world. Our team includes professional web designers, software engineers, computer scientists, business systems analysts, information management professionals, and project managers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico need to pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a clearance, a pre-processing background review may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance need to be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Members of the workforce (MOWs) hired at Sandia who require uncleared access for greater than 179 days during their employment, are required to go through the Uncleared Personal Identity Verification (UPIV) process. Access includes physical and/or cyber (logical) access, as well as remote access to any NNSA information technology (IT) systems. UPIV requirements are not applicable to individuals who require a DOE personnel security clearance for the performance of their SNL employment or to foreign nationals. The UPIV process will include the completion of a USAccess Enrollment, SF-85 (Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions) and OF-306 (Declaration of for Federal Employment). An unfavorable UPIV determination will result in immediate retrieval of the SNL issued badge, removal of cyber (logical) access and/or removal from SNL subcontract. All MOWs may appeal the unfavorable UPIV determination to DOE/NNSA immediately. If the appeal is unsuccessful, the MOW may try to go through the UPIV process one year after the decision date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.