Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Computer Integrated Manufacturing Technical High School Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - Technical High School
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work with Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software programs to ensure fab operations run smoothly
- Assist Computer Integrated Manufacturing personnel as needed
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Attending a local high school or living with a parent or legal guardian near the work site if under 18 years of age
- Enrolled full time, as defined by the school
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Minimum 16 years of age
- U.S. citizenship
- Proven ability to consistently achieve a high GPA
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
The Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) department focuses on the safety, security and quality of manufacturing operations and personnel. Data is an integral and essential part of manufacturing operations and the collection and use of this information must be closely monitored and utilized to ensure the safety and security of all parties involved. The CIM group supports all manufacturing operations throughout the MESA complex.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a DOE security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance must be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.