Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Business Development (BD) & Data Analysis, Visualization and Communications (DAV-C) Technical Graduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - Technical Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Interface with the technical staff and external contacts, gathering and analyzing data, visualizing data, conducting market research, and providing business recommendations
- Assist in building software tools to enhance business development activities.Designing, building and enhancing websites with advanced features requiring scripting technologies or flash animations
- Assist in building or supporting user interfaces for database applications
- Assist in building or supporting user interfaces with the Unity game engine
- Prepare communication materials such as pamphlets or brochures
- Support text and data mining efforts
- Provide business intelligence on internal activities
- Provide background information and analysis of potential customers or partners
- Provide other support for business development activities
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, web technologies
- Ability to display information visually
- Ability to rapidly produce analysis on subject research and offer products in a form prompting management decisions in various media, styles, and formats
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently towards a stated goal
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrate an understanding of the differences among data, information, analysis, and intelligence
- Ability to direct an extended team to achieve desired results
- Experience with programming in at least one programming language
- Familiarity with databases, spreadsheets, xml, and html
- Experience with graphic design
- Data mining and information analysis experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-discipline team environment
- Experience managing projects through teams
The Business Development (BD) & Data Analysis, Visualization and Communications (DAV-C) Department 1181 is responsible for business development support to Sandia's program management centers and program portfolios. BD brings together technical and program development related functions to ensure mission success. Staff members assist in strategy development, discovery of sponsor/customer requirements, technology roadmapping, stakeholder/partner engagement, and communicating Sandia’s unique capabilities relative to national security needs. The department also provides data analysis and visual communications to support leadership decision making, streamline business processes, enhance technology usability and facilitate internal and external collaborations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT