Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Assurance Data Sciences R&D Graduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - R&D Grad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Apply combinations of mathematics, statistics and computer science to evaluating business and process performance
- Apply data mining lifecycle principles or similar frameworks to develop business & data understanding and to execute technical data preparation activities
- Participate in data modeling, evaluation and deployment activities as needed
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 30 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently pursuing an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, or relevant Science, Engineering, or Math (SEM) discipline
- Demonstrated expertise with techniques and methodologies for statistical analysis and modeling
- Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Coursework in Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Inferential Statistics, and Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Experience in programming (such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Experience in statistical analysis languages and software packages (such as SAS, SPSS, R, etc.)
- Experience with text analytics, including preprocessing of unstructured information, dimension reduction techniques, and application of supervised/unsupervised algorithms
- Experience in effective communication of analytic results with concise reporting and visualizations
- Understanding of information technology and database technologies as applied in support of analytics and reporting
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to resolve complex business issues
The Assurance Data Sciences Department focuses on the discovery of information hidden in data to help Sandia's leaders make informed decisions. We apply data mining, text mining, and advanced analytic techniques to provide diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive insights for Sandia's Senior Leadership, the NTESS Board of Managers, and NNSA.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, disability, or veteran status.