Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Advanced Science & Technology Program Management - Clerical Undergraduate - Year-Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Year Round - Clerical Undergraduate Intern to join our dynamic team in the Advanced Science & Technology Program Management Department.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Answer phones and receive visitors into the Director’s suite
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Coordinate cart maintenance requirements
- Assist in the collection and distribution of mail
- Run errands, provide office coverage, and assist with miscellaneous tasks
- Assist in the preparation, editing, and formatting of correspondence, reports, and/or paperwork
- Create and maintain filing systems
- Other various office duties and coverage as needed
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven strength in the ability to team with others
- Good organizational skills and multitasking capabilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Reliable and enthusiastic, with a strong sense of initiative
Sandia’s Advanced Science & Technology Program is a portfolio of programs focused on advancing scientific and engineering research in support of Sandia’s national security missions. The portfolio includes Sandia’s funding from the US Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and Office of Science (SC).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.