Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Advanced Science & Technology Program Management Clerical Undergraduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This position is for a year-round clerical student intern who will perform administrative duties and clerical work in support of the Senior Management Assistant (SMA) for the Advanced Science & Technology Division, management and administrative staff.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Answer phones and receive visitors into the Executive Suite
- Coordinate cart maintenance requirements
- Assist in the collection and distribution of mail
- Run errands, provide office coverage, and assist with miscellaneous tasks
- Assist in the preparation, editing, and formatting of correspondence, reports, and/or paperwork
- Create and maintain filing systems
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Good organizational skills and multitasking capabilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Reliable and enthusiastic, with a strong sense of initiative
Sandia's Advanced Science & Technology Program is a portfolio of programs focused on advancing scientific and engineering research in support of Sandia's national security missions. The portfolio includes Sandia's funding from the US Department of Energy's (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and Office of Science (SC) as well as Sandia's Laboratory Directed Research and Development (LDRD) program. Additional responsibilities include managing Sandia's Technical Partnerships and Business Development Office.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a DOE security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance must be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.