Sandia National Laboratories Information Systems Engineering Project Manager (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of exploring solutions within a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security?
We are seeking extraordinary Product Owners (POs) to use their systems engineering and business expertise to plan, lead, organize, and motivate DevOps product teams to achieve high performance and quality in delivering products in an agile environment. You will have responsibility for working with various levels of staff and management to meet cost, performance, and schedule requirements in a fast-paced environment on the most challenging national security problems. Our core skillsets encompass requirements elicitation and definition, technical system engineering, hardware/software/security architectures, agile frameworks, and delivery of products to site. Our key pursuits include Integrated Correlation and Display System (ICADS) and Universal Ground NDS Terminal (UGNT) – both within the United States Nuclear Detonation Detection System (USNDS) program.
On any given day, you will be called on to:
- Plan the design, development, testing, and deployment of critical systems in collaboration with high-performing team members and internal/external partners
- Develop and deliver cost/schedule estimates, project status reports, and presentations to managers/partners/program customers
- Negotiate and verify work you're doing with other Product Owners, architects, and managers
- Provide leadership and tactical planning for execution of projects by applying technical domain knowledge to achieve project objectives and work
- Identify potential project risks and respond by developing risk mitigation strategies, corrective actions, and risk acceptance recommendations
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a computer related discipline, such as Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science
- Your background includes 5 or more years relevant IT experience
- Your skillset includes experience with the full software development lifecycle using iterative or agile methodologies
- You can obtain a DOE and SCI clearance
Ideally, we would like your background to include a subset of the following:
- Experience in design, development, production, and operation of satellite ground systems
- Experience in the use of a wide array of software development and agile project management tools/processes (e.g., VersionOne, Rally, Jira, etc.)
- Experience estimating and monitoring cost and schedule for large software projects
- Experience generating and interpreting system requirements, interface definitions, verification & validation processes, and project documentation
- Experience working with a requirements management tool (e.g., IBM DOORS Rational, etc.)
- Skill in evaluating business needs and software solutions to support decisions for software solution acquisition, including build versus buy options
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify and research creative solutions for which information is incomplete or for which no precedent exists to meet customer’s needs
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary and dynamic team environment, seeking continuous consultation with other analysts and experts to demonstrate technical expertise
- Experience with large, multi-organizational, multi-discipline projects with emphasis on satellite or other aerospace systems.
- Experience reporting and briefing complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means to external and internal customers
- Skill in managing customer relationships, including determining customer needs/requirements, managing customer expectations, and demonstrating commitment to delivering quality results
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a constantly changing environment
- Experience leading successful, diverse teams, or projects and championing ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Ability to articulate the plan and execute the project to successful completion
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Active DOE clearance
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.