Sandia National Laboratories Information Systems Engineering Project Manager (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Our team is seeking an enthusiastic Information Systems Engineering Project Manager to work closely with Solutions Architects to assist with the of delivery of high quality, high availability enterprise software solutions for our customers. Our work directly influences the laboratories’ future and its IT environment. The entire corporation utilizes some of the applications developed by our team while other applications have a very specific user base. We pride ourselves on maintaining customer focus through agile development practices like user stories, personas and frequent acceptance testing. To ensure software quality we also utilize agile development practices that include, but are not limited to continuous integration, test-driven development and paired programming. We begin writing code early in a project's life cycle and iterate until what we have developed meets the customer's needs.
As an Information Systems Engineering Project Manager on this team, you may be called on to:
- Working with Solutions Architects to complete requirements gathering, requirements engineering, and documentation including Product Vision, Use Cases, and Personas.
- Interfacing with Sandia’s Cyber Security groups, prepare necessary documentation, and approvals.
- Completion of Sandia’s Solutions Delivery Lifecycle (SDL) when needed for a product or service, including creating and storing appropriate artifact.
- Other project management activities.
Candidates must possess effective communication skills, ability to perform structured qualitative and quantitative analysis, attention to detail, and ability to work with Solutions Architects to resolve complex technical and business problems. Position requires a breadth of knowledge about and experience with multiple information systems domains such as information assurance, databases, software, hardware, networking, and cyber security.
- Master's degree in MS-ISA, MBA, MIS and two years of equivalent experience; or a Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus five years or more of experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance.
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with the ability to discern user requirements from often incomplete and vague customer requests
- Experience partnering with infrastructure support groups in the creation of solutions and services to meet customer needs
- ITIL experience in change, incident, knowledge, problem, and request fulfillment management
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and ideas to customers and co-workers
- Experience analyzing existing processes and creating and implementing lean and/or automated process improvements
- PMP certification
- Demonstrated initiative in dealing with challenging problems and implementing creative solutions
The teams in Department 10762 develop and manage a range of tools based on the NWIS database - a comprehensive digital storehouse of information about people, computers, networks and cyber access at Sandia. These include tools for end users across the entire workforce, such as DiGS and WebCARS, as well as more specialized products related to raw-data use, information security and network access. We also design and support the infrastructure needed for email encryption, and we provide tools for automated testing, and for migrating data safely to and from Sandia’s classified network, data encryption at rest and in transit, and software asset management and distribution (SAMS).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.