Sandia National Laboratories Information Systems Engineer Project Manager (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Help coordinate six internal teams with current project management workflows, tiered board accountability requirements, safety assessments, and some long term operations and planning projects.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience, or equivalent:
experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Project Management tool experience.
- Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Knowledge with agile or scrum methods.
- ITIL foundations or higher certification.
- Excellent customer service.
- Jira & Confluence experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
Provide state-of-the-art infrastructure computing systems for the laboratory at benchmark efficiency while ensuring the highest reliability and enterprise utility. Services include infrastructure tier 0 services (DNS, DHCP, Time, & Authentication), Storage & Backup, Data Center Operations and Consolidations, Disaster Recovery, and need-to-know authorization as well as computing resources which can be accessed, shared and utilized from anywhere on the internal, external and classified networks.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT