Sandia National Laboratories Information System Engineer Project Manager (Experienced) Limited Term Employee in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Are you passionate about your work and want to explore state-of-the-art solutions? Are you looking to join a dynamic team that solves exciting issues for the nation's security? If so, you could be the highly motivated Information Systems Engineering Project Manager we seek.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Manage CSI register and updates.
- Provide support to MITI Coordinators and Service Managers engaged in CSI activities.
- Ensure that the services we provide adhere to ITIL and Sandia Quality standards.
- Aid in the development of processes and tools that deliver a stable and secure desktop to enable customer efficiency and improves end-user experience.
- Work independently on assignments which support organizational and Sandia projects, programs, and business operations.
- Develop solutions to specific problems related to issues of moderate scope, complexity, and impact with our customers.
- Make recommendations to management on policies and general business operations and activities.
- Recommend changes to methods or processes and occasionally lead teams and participates in planning, conducting, and reporting on projects.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or relevant field or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant field; or
- experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance
- Active DOE L Clearance
- ITIL Foundation certification
- High level knowledge of Computer Management Solutions, IT Cyber Policies, and COE requirements
- Experience Leading IT teams or projects
- Experience developing reports and metrics
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Enterprise End-User Computing Services, Organization 9763, is comprised of teams that research, develop, and service the desktop and mobile computing environments across Sandia. Teams include Password Administration, Strategic Mobility project, Corporate Computing Help Desk, strategically located desktop support teams (CSUs), Personnel Moves, and other specialized support teams
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.